The U.S.-based Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), a non-profit dedicated to helping citizens better understand foreign policy throughout the world, has a handy iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad app that brings CFR’s resources to your fingertips. This app is FREE. Keep current on the latest major world news, read analysis and expert briefs on foreign policy topics written by CFR’s staff, and learn background information about major issues in the world today. Many articles are brief and to the point. Here are some examples of what’s available from the app:
- Background on the current U.S. and international sanctions against Iran and an analysis of their effectiveness;
- Background on the current state of global public health;
- Discussion of U.S.’s foreign policy regarding Myanmar (Burma) and Myanmar’s upcoming elections;
- Analysis of the struggling global economy;
- Reports on California sending the first National Guard troops to its Mexican border, protesters over government wages clashing with police in South Africa and more from the Daily News Brief.
The app also offers access to transcripts of CFR meetings and interviews with international experts. I recommend the CFR app to anyone interested in keeping up with international law and relations.