Be sure to check out the new scanner (next to the printer) in the reading room during your next trip to the library. Please try it out and let us know what you think.
Features of the BookEdge Plus KIC Scanner
KIC BookEdge Plus embodies state-of-the-art walk-up scanning solutions for students and faculty. Using a touch screen, scan in black and white or color and at resolutions up to 600dpi and output to a variety of formats including searchable PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, even MP3 audio files.
- Scan/copy up to 24x17 inch bound or unbound material at twice the speed of a high-speed copier
- Create full color electronic images and/or paper copies with a single touch
- Review large electronic images at nearly full-size before printing copies
- Electronically collate and print copies
- C r e a t e searchable PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG and editable text files
- Create audio files from text for MP3 players, including iPods
- Create, collate, and print reports with title pages and style templates
- Go ‘green’. Promote minimal use of paper and ink
KIC has many ways to store, send and print information.
- USB drive
- E-mail, FTP
- PDF and searchable PDF
- Audio Podcast
- Local or Network Printer
All the best,