Under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Access Services, the Access and Research Services Librarian is responsible for:
- Managing the daily operations of the Access Services Department, including circulation, reserves, document delivery, and stacks;
- Performing research and reference services;
- Serving as a liaison to Law School faculty;
- Depending upon qualifications, teaching legal research courses as needed
M.L.I.S. or equivalent graduate degree from ALA accredited institution; two years’ experience in an academic or law library access services department or related experience; strong service orientation; strong organization skills and attention to detail; excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse individuals at all levels of a complex organization; ability to work independently and function in a collegial, teamwork-oriented environment which emphasizes excellent customer service and delivery of exemplary library reference and research services.
Preferred: J.D. from ABA accredited institution; management or supervisory experience; knowledge of legal materials and research strategies; teaching experience.
Application: For a detailed description and to apply for this position go to: http://careers.hr.cornell.edu/, search under the job category of Librarians, select job posting 23468 and follow the instructions for online submission. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references. Position is available July 1, 2014; however, the start date is negotiable. Applications will be reviewed as received, and the posting will close on April 21, 2014.
- Employer will assist with relocation costs.
- Additional Salary Information: Competitive
- Internal Number: 23468