6 Supreme Court oral arguments this week
The Supreme Court hears 6 cases this week. A quick rundown follows, with a link to our complete analysis of each case.
By the way, your very own (free!) subscription to the LII Supreme Court Bulletin will get you a summary of all Supreme Court cases delivered directly to your inbox 2 weeks before the scheduled argument.
Monday, February 23:
- United States v. Navajo Nation (Indian Affairs, Indian Mineral Leasing Act of 1938, Indian Tucker Act, fiduciary duty)
- Rivera v. Illinois (jury, due process, peremptory challenge, voir dire, Sixth Amendment, Fourteenth Amendment)
Tuesday, February 24:
- Burlington No. & Santa Fe R. Co. v. United States; Shell Oil Co. v. United States (Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, superfund, hazardous substance, joint and several liability, Environmental Protection Act)
- Carlsbad Technology, Inc. V. HIF Bio, Inc. (supplemental jurisdiction, remand to State court, discretion, subject matter jurisdiction)
Wednesday, February 25:
- Flores-Figueroa v. United States (aggravated identity theft, deportation, immigration, illegal alien)
- Hawaii v. Office of Hawaiian Affairs (Hawaii, apology resolution, fiduciary telationship, land ownership, Native Hawaiians)