This August, Craig Newton ‘07, (re)joined the LII as our new Associate Director for Content Development. While a student at Cornell Law School, Craig was the Editor-in-Chief of the LII Supreme Court Bulletin.
He spent the last six years at the law firm Cooley LLP litigating a broad range of commercial disputes for companies such as Adobe, Facebook, and Qualcomm before returning to Ithaca. Having left a career as first a naval flight officer and then an intelligence analyst to attend law school, Craig calls upon all facets of his prior experience as he mentors teams of law students, manages our network of volunteers and legal professionals, monitors the website to discern usage trends and patterns, and pursues new partnership initiatives–all with an eye toward improving a range of products, including the Supreme Court Bulletin and case collection, the WEX legal encyclopedia/dictionary, the constellation of materials surrounding the US Constitution, and our ever-more capable editions of the US Code and the Code of Federal Regulations.
He and Associate Director for Technology Sara Frug are working together at the intersection of legal content and engineering to improve search and navigation features, as well as on a number of experiments intended to make our content more discoverable and more usable.
We are enthusiastic about his presence and the capabilities he adds to our team, and we look forward to your continued suggestions and feedback on our editorial content.
With the addition of Craig — and of consulting designer Manolo Bevia — the LII crew now numbers 9 1/4, delivering services to over 24 million unique visitors each year.
- New Supreme Court Bulletin Student Leadership
- LII Donor Profile: S. Blair Kauffman, Law Librarian and Professor at Yale Law School
- A Note From our Director: Thank You
- Up-To-Date Code of Federal Regulations and a Look Under Our Hood
- Artificial Intelligence and Predicting Tax Evasion
- A day in the life: Traffic spike
- Introducing LawLibe, a legal reference iOS application powered by the LII
- Alfred Mahlangu Visits the LII
- We Love it When a Plan Comes Together
- Frank Wagner Prize Announced